The importance and value of good health of the workers and proper workplace safety need no elaboration. A strong health & safety program can assure safety and sound health of the employees. To that end, Textown Group has adopted an international standard Health & Safety policy as stipulated in the OHSAS 18001:2007. OHSAS 1800:2007 Occupational Health and Safety Management Certification is an international standard which provides a framework to identify, control and decrease the risks associated with health and safety within the workplace.
The common hazards that might occur include accident hazards, such as burns and puncture wounds; physical hazards, such as heat and noise; chemical hazards, such as allergies; ergonomic hazards, posed by poor posture; biological hazards from poor nutrition, and psychosocial ones that result from abuse on the part of supervisors and a depressing work environment. All of these are inter-related.
To ensure good health and proper safety in our factories we have the following practices in vogue:
- Adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities
- Review and revise the Health & Safety Policy as often as necessary
- Disposing waste materials without hampering the environment
- Fencing of dangerous machines
- Availability of emergency exits as per the regulations
- Workers are getting proper treatment from the medical team
- Good housekeeping and overall cleanliness, especially the toilets
- Availability of pure drinking water
- Presence of qualified doctors and nurses
- First aid boxes having all necessary equipment and medicines
- Annual medical examinations for those exposed to hazards
- Proper training on health and safety, specifically first aid training
- Training and ensuring safe handling and use of hazardous chemicals/substances